Cook Improvement Proposal #13
CIP #: 13
Title: Avalanche Ecosystem Index Update
Discussion link: https://gov.cook.finance/t/avalanche-ecosystem-index-update
Created:1/31/22

Executive Summary
Remove TIME from AEI

Problem Statement
There were some major negative discoveries about TIME. Many people from the community expressed the opinion that they do not want indexes that have TIME because of these discoveries.

Proposed Solution
Overview
Create a new Avalanche Ecosystem index on Avalanche without TIME. Delist the old AEI

Rationale
Responding to community requests and to make sure index compositions are kept at the highest quality

Specification
Implement a new Avalanche Ecosystem index on Avalanche. The Avalanche Ecosystem index includes AVAX, JOE, QI, Yak and PNG and the allocation should follow their market cap.

Delist old AEI a week after listing of the new AEI.

On the date of delisting, the old AEI will be accessible only to their token holders and they will have options to keep them or the option to redeem the index back to the underlying tokens.

1 Like

Create a new Avalanche Ecosystem index on Avalanche without time, not just that but with the highest quality, amazing, I would love to see the end of this

TIME can’t perform well. If removing TIME from the index can optimize the yield of the index, then why not? I am sure we all want an index with a good performance.

as you guys can see on CMC, Wonderland TIME price keeps dipping after its peak in November last year. I am supporting this CIP #13 to be passed

I always know the Cook to make a good decision because they always keep the investors interest at heart.Excluding the TIME will be nice.