CIP #10 - Yield Bearing Avalanche Ecosystem Index

Cook Improvement Proposal #10
CIP #: 10
Title: Yield Bearing Avalanche Ecosystem Index
Discussion link: https://gov.cook.finance/t/avalanche-ecosystem-with-yield-bearing
Created: 1/10/22

Executive Summary
To add a yield bearing Avalanche Index on Avalanche.

Problem Statement
The problem is that many of the components of the Avalanche Ecosystem Index can actually be yield bearing through yield yak or other staking pool but currently aren’t.

Proposed Solution
Overview
Create a yield bearing Avalanche Ecosystem index on Avalanche. The yield bearing Avalanche Ecosystem index should use yield farming on yield yak to make it yield bearing.

Rationale
Since many of the components of the Avalanche Ecosystem Index can be yield farming it wil provide benefits to index issuers with extra APY across all the index assets.

Specification
To request that the Cook core team implement a yield bearing Avalanche Ecosystem index on Avalanche.The Yield bearing Avalanche Ecosystem index includes AVAX, JOE, QI, Time, Yak and PNG and the allocation should follow their market cap. Additionally AVAX, JOE, QI, YAK and PNG should be deposited into Yield Yak for yield farming to gain extra interest and Time should be staked and wrapped as wMemo to gain interest.

4 Likes

this needs to be approved. I can’t see any bad effects from this new CIP. The index will be able to generate yield on top of the underlying assets.

1 Like

I am in for this. it can maximize the return of the index. extra APY for us

I’m all in for every innovative concept because that’s what most crypto projects lack and I respect Cook Finance for adding a yield bearing Avalanche Index on Avalanche.
I support this idea 100%

I support this improvement proposal since it will provide more benefits and also secure the investors best interest.

Have looked into it, Good idea. In this new year what Cook need is improvement. This upgrade will increase APY, which is more money for us so am inn. It’s a good proposal